Non-urgent advice: When We Are Closed
The surgery is closed during the following times:
• 18:00 – 08:30 on weekdays
• 13:00 – 14:00 on Wednesdays (for staff training)
• Weekends (18:30 Friday to 08:30 Monday)
• Bank holidays and public holidays
Please note that we are available for a Telephone Only booking service between 08:00 – 08:30 and 18:00 – 18:30 Monday to Friday.
If you require medical help or advice which cannot wait until the surgery reopens, call 111 (calls are free from landlines and mobiles).
NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
• you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
• you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
• you don’t know who to call
• you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use the NHS 111 service through a textphone by calling 18001 111. If English is not your preferred language, you can choose to use a confidential translation service.
NHS Walk-in Centres
You can also see an experienced nurse for treatment of minor injuries and illnesses, seven days a week, at:
St Mary’s Urgent Treatment Centre,
Telephone: 0333 321 8277
Mon-Fri: 07:30 – 22:00
Weekends and bank holidays: 08:00 – 22:00
Guildhall Walk Healthcare Centre,
27 Guildhall Walk,
Telephone: 02392 751006
Open: Every day 08:00 – 20:00.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and/or severe shortness of breath constitute an emergency.